WhatsApp has reportedly started to roll out a new beta update for Android users. As per a report by WABetaInfo, the new beta update brings the version of the app up to 184.108.40.206. The report reveals that references to the redesigned location sticker have been found in the beta update.
The location sticker is a part of the newest update on WhatsApp. It allows you to add a sticker with your location on your WhatsApp status, just like the one added in Instagram or the stickers added on Facebook Messenger.
If you want to add location in your WhatsApp status, follow these simple steps
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Swipe right from the home screen to go to the status section. iPhone users need to tap on the camera icon after swiping right to reach the window.
- Use the in-app camera to get the photo or video that you want to share.
- Now, tap on the emoji icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the location sticker next to the clock.
- You can choose your current location or you can find one using the search bar.
- Sticker with the location you selected will now be visible on your status. You can tap on it to change the design and you can also move it around just like any other sticker.
- Once you are done, share your status.